Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Special Little Thank You

Because of the love and support of my friends and family of my airbrushing business, I was able to embark on a trip of a life time. Going to Africa has been a lifelong dream of mine, and it was an experience I will never forget. I spent many hours admiring the amazing animals and landscape that Africa has to offer while gaining valuable photography knowledge and experience. My goal is to translate my love and passion of nature into a photography career and this trip was a huge step in that direction.

From the overwhelming donations of family and friends, I filled a 50lb suitcase of clothes, toys and hygiene items and made a $470 donation that has gone to the local Zulu communities. I was fortunate enough to get to spend time with and get to know the families that will be taking advantage of these donations. Seeing the kids light up with excitement for the balloons and spending time colouring with 4 orphan siblings was the highlight for me. The cash donations given completed Happy Africa’s fund to build a fence for a rural primary school which is the first step for them to receive government funding for food and resources. It meant a lot that I was a part of building that fence alongside the community members and I also got to spend time playing, singing and dancing with the children who will benefit from it. It was a full circle moment for me that I will never forget. The Zulu people are very warm, welcoming, loving and joyful people and I will always cherish the memories of my time spent with them.

No comments: